Northmount Baptist Church is a congregation with a long history in the neighbourhood.
From it's beginnings in 1956 in a home on Holly St. where a Sunday gathering and Sunday School was held, the church worked to become a permanent presence in the neighbourhood. The current church building was opened in 1958 and expanded in 1965. Throughout its history it has offered programs and services to build a stronger community.
NBC desires to renew its commitment to the Highwood neighbourhood and the surrounding communities, seeking to be an integral part of the fabric of the community, working to be a good neighbour.